Monday, September 9, 2013

Book Announcement: The Final Days of Jesus

I am excited to announce the publication of the first book for which I have made a substantial contribution. I am not listed as an official author but my name appears on the cover with the ambiguous phrase “with Alexander E. Stewart.” This means that although I am not part of the official book contract I made a substantial contribution to the book while working as a research assistant with Dr. Kostenberger.

The book examines Jesus’ final week by carefully comparing each of the four Gospels to each other. We provide the ESV text along with commentary discussing the similarities and differences between the accounts. The goal with this book was to present an academically grounded discussion of this powerful week in history in an engaging manner that could be easily read and understood without advanced academic training. Some scholars only write books for other scholars but this book is for God’s global church. We pray that it will strengthen the faith of God’s people and turn the hearts of its readers to reconsider and reevaluate their commitment to our resurrected savior.

Jenny and I are currently working on an accompanying study guide that will be freely available for download from Crossway. The study guide will help equip Sunday School classes, small groups, and families to reflect on the events that unfolded during this crucial week of Jesus’ life.

The book is currently available for pre-order and will be on shelves January 31, 2014 but I wanted to mention it now because, of course, it is my first book :-). I will post again when it officially hits the shelves and will keep you updated about future writing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment