Sunday, April 21, 2013

Your Love Never Fails...

So, there's this song.  The kind of song you hear and realize that if you were clever enough you would have written it because it's what your heart, soul, mind is aching to sing.  You want to know what that song is for me these days?  Okay here it is...


Just in case you don't want to listen to the whole 5 minutes here are the words...


"One Thing Remains" by Jesus Culture

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
One thing... Remains (repeat)

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me (3x)

In death, In life, I'm confident and
covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid, there's nothing that can
separate my heart from Your great love



This time last year I felt like I was facing a mountain as we had just finished packing our van and the U-haul said good bye one more time to friends we loved and the house we called "home" for 4 years.  Of course, while it felt life threatening at the time, it wasn't and while the constant trial of change has followed us (but let's be real when doesn't it?) "one thing remains"!  God's love has not failed us, given up or run out and it's by His grace we have survived this far and are able to face the next mountain.


THE U-haul...

"home"

"Bessie" the van with bikes on top!

There is still a lot of change ahead for our family.  We start packing, start facing all the "see you soons" we need to say before we go for awhile, start planning for the ministry God has called us to be a part of at Tyndale.  I'm a mix of emotions but I know one thing remains!  His love NEVER fails, gives up or runs out!


Taken just a day or two before we moved.  We kept our tradition of sitting in the yard and reading books until Daddy got home from work!  We also waved at the school buses that went by (waiting for Mrs. Pat's bus even when she wasn't driving one anymore), talking to the neighbors (Jordan family and Anna we miss you!) and hoping the mailman was going to bring a package!


No comments:

Post a Comment